Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Waiting Patiently

It's been a while since I did anything for Karin Jurick's wonderful DSFDF blog, but love this guy sitting on his chair outside the office. I have called it 'Waiting Patiently' because it reminded me so much of all our refugees from Zimbabwe and points north, waiting and waiting outside the home office to get refugee status papers from our veeerrry sloooow government department.

I am not 100% happy with it and think I need to tone down the background somewhat, but because I've sent it on to Karin (hopefully in the correct format!) I thought I would post him here as well.


I have also been honoured with another award by the incredible animal portrait artist, Karie-Ann Cooper who lives an idyllic life in rural England! It is the Premio Meme Award and to be honoured in this way by this amazing artist is humbling.

I will in time, think of things to say about me that I haven't already said on my blog, although what Karie-Ann said about herself rings a lot of bells with me. Rather than send it on to individual people, I would dedicate this award to all those wonderful people I interact with on my blog - last count 76! All you amazingly talented artists out there, this one is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment