Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Masters and Flowers

I didn't take part in last month's Masters Challenge, the terrific blog run by Michelle Burnett.

But this month I thought I would do something. Even though I'm not mad about painting flowers - (I leave that to the immensely talented artist from Texas, Nancy Medina) - there is one artist whose flower paintings I really admire.

Georgia O'Keeffe's work is always a pleasure to look at. One day
I hope I will get the opportunity to see her works in person, but until then, all I do is admire.

This is my version of her 1926 work, Black Pansy. Although this was painted more than 50 years ago, O'Keeffe only died fairly recently, thus I can admire and emulate, but this painting will be for my own space.

Hope you like what I've done to this wonderful American artis
t's work.



No comments:

Post a Comment