Friday, September 17, 2010

Reality TV, OMG!

I really need to get this out. What is the big thing for reality TV nowadays? I swear, I think they are running out of locations for Survivor, I have a really funny idea: how about Survivor: Cincinnati? Let's see if anyone of those Einsteins on the show can survive one day in this city! I grow tired of hearing about the TV networks making big deals out of these little tiny reality shows, like Degrassi, they keep showing these girls getting sleazier and sleazier, stealing boyfriends, guys kissing guys, etc, they keep advertising it. I don't watch the show and have no desire to. And Jersey Shore: don't even get me started! There is no one on that show that is even from New Jersey! Pauly is from Rhode Island, Mike Sorrentino is a Staten Islander, 'Snooki' is a Chilean born girl, not even Italian! But I'm just tired of hearing about the networks advertising some new stupid reality show! And Dancing with the Stars? I can tolerate that because I enjoy dancing, whether it be swing dance, the Tango, you name it, even ballet! Oh how I wish I could learn ballet again. I learned when I was younger, around maybe 11 or 12 years old. But did you hear about who is going to be on Dancing with The Stars? Bristol Palin! America's favorite unwed mother who became pregnant while her mother was up on her soapbox preaching about abstinence. Where was she when her daughter was having sex and getting pregnant? And Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino, he's on there too. It showed him the other night flashing his abs to some girl on there. He must obviously think that just because he's Italian, has a Sylvester Stallone body and is tall, tan and gorgeous, that his chances of winning go up like an elevator in fast forward. I really hope he does not win because that I think will make his ego soar, it will make his already overinflated ego bigger than the entire country of Italy. And some comedian named Margaret Cho will be on there, I've seen pictures of her and I've seen her a couple times here and there on Comdey Central, she isn't bad, she's funny sometimes, I really hope she or someone else wins, they always end up finding people I have no clue who they are to be on the show, but I hope someone good wins, not America's favorite unwed mother or Mr. "Jersey Boy". Now I'm not sure if Cake Boss is considered a reality show, but if it is, it's a good reality show. I just love watching how he does all these little intricate details on stuff. I was watching this episode the other day where he had to make a cake celebrating the anniversary of Come Fly Away, which was a play that had Frank Sinatra in it. He made this cake that looked like a silhouette of Sinatra with little dots on it to make it look like his face. This show is really cool, and I watched this other episode where he had to make an authentic Italian tiramisu cake for this Italian customer who said he had relatives coming from Italy for a visit. It was making me crave that dessert right then and there. But overall, I'm growing tired of hearing about all these reality shows. Not too long ago, I started watching this show on TV called Glee. It's not too bad, I'm starting to kind of like it, I'm starting to get a little addicted to watching it. Believe me, it's amazing what I'll sometimes watch. Like if it's on, I'll watch the First 48, or if it's on, I'll watch CSI:NY or Law and Order:SVU. I absolutely love that show! But then again, I guess I'm the kind that will watch all those police drama shows. For some odd reason, police work fascinates me, I love wathing those shows and seeing them work in crime labs and all that stuff. I guess I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to that, but I don't care. I am who I am, if no one likes it, sorry about your luck. I won't change being who I am to satisfy someone else, that happened too much in high school, people would change who they were just to fit in. I'm not like that, that probably explains why I wasn't popular in high school, I wouldn't give in to liking rap music, saying things like "Yo, what up dog?" or "How's my homie?" Can you honestly believe that white kids are talking like that? This one friend of my dad's, she is a real nice black lady, I've known her since I was little, her name is Harriet and I love being around her, she don't talk like that, no one I know of that is black talks like that! I don't get what the idea of saying things like that is, it's way beyond me! I personally think it is bad to talk like that when no one else talks like that! And other things my fellow graduates did that I didn't approve of was getting their parents to buy everything for them! I'm the kind of person that if I want something, I go out, get a job, and pay for it myself! I just can't bring myself to understand how parents can let their kids walk all over them like a welcome rug. What happened to the golden rule repsect your parents? I guess it doesn't exist anymore! I hear about kids making their parents buy them expensive iPod Nanos, Shuffles, Touches, Blackberry Phones, phones for texting, it's ridiculous! If I tried any of the crap these kids nowadays pull, I'd be dead, pushin' up daisies because my parents would kill me. I just don't understand what's wrong with the world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment