Thursday, March 4, 2010

Zoë

This is my friend Wendy's daughter, Zoë.

What an absolute delight to paint this picture of her.  She was so unaware of the camera, concentrating on what someone else was saying - I always think that these are the best photos to paint. 

Zoë is about 6 months younger than my grandson and an absolute delight.  Highly intelligent and so quick - a typical Leo!  This painting of her is a gift to her Mom.

 

It's been so hot here that my art room has turned into a sauna!  Hence the week gap between posts.

In one of my previous posts, I put up a charcoal sketch of a horse skull.  Wonderful artist Carol Horzempa left a lovely comment on my blog saying that it reminded her of Georgia O'Keeffe.  Strange, I thought.  Then the next Friday, the skull's owner, Barbara, brought in a photostat copy of the Georgia O'Keeffe painting and it was almost exactly the same!  It was the first time I'd seen the painting - luckily Barbara's skull was a bit battered and bent so you can see the differences.  Just to prove that there was no copyright infringement, here is another sketch, done from a different angle, of the skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment